Home Savings Charitable Foundation
Home Savings is committed to reinvesting in the local communities it serves by providing leadership, employee involvement and financial support through the Home Savings Charitable Foundation.
Since 1998, the Foundation has provided over $12 million of support to worthy non-profit organizations, with our focus being primarily directed toward those that serve the needs of disadvantaged children and adults or provide educational programs.
The Foundation's commitment to neighborhood organizations is not just a reflection of its mission as a foundation, it is also indicative of the people-focused culture of Home Savings.
- Funding Highlights
In 2013, the Foundation provided a total of $64,500 to United Way and Community Chest organizations in the communities served by Home Savings. Counties benefited included Ashland, Columbiana, Geauga, Huron, Lake, Mahoning, Portage, Richland, and Trumbull.
Several universities in Home Savings' market areas receive scholarship funds to distribute to qualified students. In 2013, the foundation provided a total of $27,000 to these and other schools:
- Ashland University
- Bowling Green State University - Firelands Campus
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- Geneva College
- Heidelberg College
- Kent State University – Regional campuses including East Liverpool, Salem, Trumbull and Geauga
- Lakeland College
- Tiffin University
- Youngstown State University - Williamson College of Business
- Application Review Process
Distribution Committee meets regularly. All requests and grant applications must be submitted by the 3rd Friday of each month in order to be reviewed at the next scheduled Committee meeting. Requests received after the deadline will be reviewed at the following scheduled meeting.
Please complete the Web Grant Application. Required information includes:
- Brief history and purpose(s) of the organization
- Description of governing structure, including names of board members
- Description of service(s) offered and profile of clients' served/service area with statistics from previous year
- Definition of need, how need will be met and how program will be evaluated
- Copies of income and expense statement for preceding year and current budget
- Copy of project budget for proposed grant
- Required contact information (name, address, phone, fax and email)
- Audited financial statement
- Most recent annual report
- Copy of IRS letter verifying tax-exempt status
All applicants will receive written notice of the Distribution Committee's decision. The Foundation reserves the right to contact other funders and/or professionals in the field regarding a grant request.
Send Requests To:
Colleen Scott, Vice President
Director of Marketing & Charitable Foundation
PO Box 1111, Youngstown, OH 44501