Home Savings is committed to reinvesting in the local communities it serves by providing leadership, employee involvement and financial support through the Home Savings Charitable Foundation.
Since 1998, the Foundation has provided over $11 million of support to worthy non-profit organizations, with our focus being primarily directed toward those that serve the needs of disadvantaged children and adults or provide educational programs.
The Foundation's commitment to neighborhood organizations is not just a reflection of its mission as a foundation, it is also indicative of the people-focused culture of Home Savings.
In 2013, the Foundation provided a total of $64,500 to United Way and Community Chest organizations in the communities served by Home Savings. Counties benefited included Ashland, Columbiana, Geauga, Huron, Lake, Mahoning, Portage, Richland, and Trumbull.
Several universities in Home Savings' market areas receive scholarship funds to distribute to qualified students. In 2013, the foundation provided a total of $27,000 to these and other schools:
Bowling Green State University - Firelands Campus
Eastern Gateway Community College
Kent State University – Regional campuses including East Liverpool, Salem, Trumbull and Geauga
Youngstown State University - Williamson College of Business
Application Review Process
Before applying to the Home Savings Charitable Foundation, please call
Pamela Kimmel, Director of the Foundation at 330.742.0571.
The Distribution Committee meets regularly. Requests and grant applications must be submitted 30 working days prior to the meeting to be considered. Requests received after the deadline will be considered at the next scheduled meeting.
Please complete the Grant Application.
- Brief history and purpose(s) of the organization
- Description of governing structure, including names of board members
- Description of service(s) offered and profile of clients’ served/service area with statistics from previous year
- Definition of need, how need will be met and how program will be evaluated
- Copies of income and expense statement for preceding year and current budget
- Copy of project budget for proposed grant
- Required contact information (name, address, phone, fax and email)
- Audited financial statement
- Most recent annual report
- Copy of IRS letter verifying tax-exempt status
All applicants will receive written notice of the Distribution Committee’s decision. The Foundation reserves the right to contact other funders and/or professionals in the field regarding a grant request.
Send Requests To:
Director of the Home Savings Charitable Foundation
PO Box 1111, Youngstown, OH 44501
330.742.0571 I Fax: 330.742.0593